Thursday, October 30, 2008

(Bad) mood

Someone told me I was too hard on my sister-in-law (and maybe even on my mother) in yesterday's post. Well, maybe, yes, but that was how I was feeling, so I wrote it down (and it doesn't mean that I don't love them both dearly and really appreciate it that they are always thinking of us).

I have the feeling though that my raging hormones are not making me a nicer person these days. Yesterday I had a music ensemble rehearsal and I lashed out at the violinist, because he told us he was just counting and couldn't listen (yet) to what the others were playing, with the result that he started (and finished) too early every single time. So I told him to listen, instead of count, but he refused. I insisted. He refused. So I got angrier and told him again to listen to the others, isn't that the whole point of ensemble playing...?! He asked me why I was so irritated, I said I didn't know, but that I just couldn't understand his attitude. We started playing again... he finally listened, and we were together...

So, I do apologize to anyone I've been grumpy to lately. Blame it on the hormones.

No comments: