Thursday, January 15, 2009

Too much

I never forget that I'm pregnant, but sometimes I forget that that means I can't do everything I used to do. Today was a good example of trying to do too much - and my body definitely told me this was not the way to go!

The day started at 4.15am because my hubby had a very early flight to catch. As he is coming back by train tonight, he couldn't leave the car at the airport, so I drove him. I went back to bed around 6.30am and got up again at 8am. Went grocery shopping at the big hypermarket and bought a lot (there were a lot of 'buy 2 get 1 free' promos). Tried not to lift too many heavy stuff, but still...

Back home around 11.30am, time to put all the groceries away, do laundry, and make myself some lunch. I felt a headache coming up but only had about 10 minutes to lie down before I had to head out to my prenatal yoga class, which started at 2pm. Yawning all the way there because this was right around my usual nap time... The headache had gotten worse and I remembered that I almost fainted last week, so I took it very easy and it seemed to go OK for about 10 minutes, but when we had to do a forward fold I felt my head spin and had to sit down otherwise I would definitely have fainted. Pfff... the instructor was very nice and she said that it is quite common in the first 4 months of pregnancy, but I don't have this problem during my other yoga class when I do forward folds etc, so I suspect it still has more to do with my crazy morning and the missed nap. Hmm, I'll make sure I'll be very zen next week before the class (and maybe have lunch early so I can have a 30-minute nap before going to class) and see how it goes - although then she probably won't allow me to do forward folds at all!

When walking back home I decided I would not put my body through more stuff today, so I postponed my other (regular) yoga class, that I normally have at 6pm on Thursdays, to either tomorrow afternoon or Monday evening. I've been taking it very easy the rest of the afternoon, and spent most time on the couch, even postponing working on a translation I'm supposed to do to tomorrow (and I only worked for 1 hour on it yesterday, so it's not really progressing). Headache is still there. Time to eat some soup...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Darling, please take care and look after yourself xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog - and will be coming back. Nice to meet you, from another expat going through the IF journey in France. Oh, and congrats.