Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April revisited




This is the second time I'm participating in Time Warp Tuesday, hosted by Kathy at Bereaved and Blessed and this month's topic is "April".  Kathy writes:
April represents the beginning of the second quarter of each New Year, it is filled with rainy days and all things blooming. Some years Easter and Passover fall in April, bringing forth important and special events in many faith traditions. Choose a post from your archives that you wrote during the month of April. It can be about any thing or topic that speaks to you. Then write a new post on your blog about why you chose the post that you did and what has happened in your life since.
I had several posts to choose from, but ultimately selected one from two years ago, called Random Thoughts, because it really has a connection with where I am now. It was about a month before the FET with our lonely frosty and I was a bit pessimistic about it all. I wrote:
We only have one embryo frozen, how big is the chance it won't thaw properly? It's the same Grade A excellent quality as one of the embies that was transferred for IVF#2 - which didn't make it. So why should I believe its frozen brother or sister will have a better chance?
Well, turns out our little frosty did have a better chance than his two fresh siblings! He thawed properly, he nested comfortably in my uterus and stayed there until he was fully finished and ready to see the world. M. Gourmand completes our little family and makes me look at the bright side of things - and if his hands are cold I sometimes joke that it is because he was frozen for his first three months...

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Thank you so much for doing the Time Warp again with us this month! I really enjoyed reading the post that you chose to revisit this month and as I shared in my comment on it, it brought back a lot of memories from my FET cycle in 2007-2008 which led to our baby girl Molly.

I love that your FET led to your M. Gourmand and completed your family, as well as helping you remember to try to "look at the bright side of things." That is too cute what you think about when his hands are cold! :)

Lori Lavender Luz said...

How lovely to look back from such a place of fulfillment.

So funny what you say when he has cold hands!