Monday, February 27, 2012

Perfect Moment Monday - Kisses

I've been a bad blogger lately, even a worse commenter. Life has been taken up by baby, sleep (or lack thereof) and to-do lists getting longer. But I want to look into PAIL, keep being part of the Thoughtful Thursday Intelligentsia, get inspiration for a limerick to enter the Limerick Chick Contest before it's too late (only two days to go, jikes!), and of course continue my 2012 resolution of partaking in Perfect Moment Monday.

This weekend we drove to the mountains to meet up with a woman who was my BFF from kindergarten through elementary school. Then our lives took different turns and we last saw each other about 16 years ago. Last year we connected again through FB and when she said she would be 'only' 2.5 hr drive away for a short skiing holiday this weekend, we decided to meet up. It would also be a nice opportunity to give our toddler a bit fun in the snow.

That opportunity came on Sunday morning, when I put the toddler and myself on skis and did two runs on the baby lift with him. Of course there was hardly any control on his side - hanging in his mother's arms instead of standing on his feet, especially in the lift - but he did enjoy the speed. Then hubby took him for two runs on the sled, and then he'd had enough. I was ready for a break too as pulling toddler up while trying not to fall out of the lift is quite some work!

I picked my son up, asked if he had enjoyed it. He nodded and then showered me with kisses. A perfect moment, which made the whole trip worthwhile.


What Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of? Visit Write Mind Open Heart and share your comment love.

7 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like a perfect day and a perfect moment.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

First off, my hat's off to you for being able to ski with a toddler in your control. Wow!

Second, this is a very touching moment. Sharing your love of skiing with your son and having it reciprocated via kisses.

And lastly, I can hardly wait to read your limerick!

Chon said...

Perfectly perfect!!

Kathy said...

Here via PMM! Definitely a perfect moment, as well as it sounds like a great trip and adorable picture! Thank you for sharing.

St Elsewhere said...

Oh my...that pic is precious! Glad you enjoyed the skiing...

Tami said...

Hang on to those moments - commit every sound, touch and smell to memory. You'll be glad in about 20 years!

jjiraffe said...

So sweet! I LOVE the picture.