Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Things I've learned during this pregnancy

In no particular order...

Prenatal swimming / aquatic exercises are heaven for my lower back.

Homeopathic anti-constipation medicine just doesn't work. I had hoped I could stop the stool softeners but that was just wishful thinking...

Homeopathic anti (leg) cramp medicine does seem to work, but not always...

Taking baby-gym courses with my toddler is super exciting for him, but exhausting for me. Fortunately we do it with two friends, so they can pitch in when I need a break.

Toddler swimming is fun for us both (and not so exhausting for me).

I think I'm going to live in the maternity yoga pants I just bought for the remainder of the pregnancy (oh, and I love online shopping for maternity wear, very dangerous!).

I love the thought of having two boys and don't understand people's reaction when they ask if I'm disappointed that we're not having a girl.

I have no idea what is going through my toddler's head when he sees my growing belly, but every evening he wants to read the book about the girl who's getting a little brother. He especially loves the images where the baby is upside down in the mother's belly. He also seems to get more clingy the bigger my belly gets.

I love being pregnant (I already knew that from the first time, but this time is even better/more relaxed).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

St Elsewhere said...

It seems all good - the exercise that tires you, and the one that doesn't.

Am glad your kid is so excited about the new baby already.

Gender preference is such a norm, that it hardly surprises me anymore.

And ahem, time for the new belly pic!

DandelionBreeze said...

Wonderful that all is going so well for you... love the idea of maternity yoga pants :)) Great that your toddler is so looking forward to their little brother arriving.... so cute :) xoxo

Summastarlet said...

Lovely post. So glad to hear you are enjoying this pregnancy!! xx

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your second boy! Your first was born a little over a month after mine was. I'm glad he's looking forward to being a big brother.

Fran said...

You sound great! And I hope if I get pregnant again that I'll manage to enjoy it more, like you say, hopefully in a more relaxed manner! Much love, Fran